1. What’s your practice focus and what kind of clients knock on your door ?
HMS Career Coaching helps adults at any stage in their career who want to be more intentional in their career planning. People who knock on our door often say they fell into the jobs they had and want to choose something better next.
2. Tell us about yourself.
I have always been the ‘go to’ for friends and family for anything career related. I have had a very diverse professional background in the corporate world, all across the country, and in schools, and I tap into that for the benefit of my clients. I am a trained counselor, coach and consultant and love to help people take stock in where they are today, imagine where they could be in the ideal future and make a plan to get there.
3. Tell us the story of a patient who you are most proud of helping.
I recently helped a client who thought she was looking for another job get a very large promotion from her current employer. That is the kind of work I love to do, tactics and mindset together.
4. What’s one of the hardest things that comes with being a practitioner in private practice?
Being confidence that more work will come in.
5. What are the top 3 tips you’d give to anyone looking to start, run and grow a private practice today?\
The top three tips I would give anyone looking to start, run, and grow their private practice is to:
- Be patient.
- Say yes to clients, everyone deserves your help.
- Get organized.